• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who manufactured these connectors?

Alexia

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know who manufactured these connectors? The same series is used for the TPS, MAP, and OPDA. I know they are not an AMP or TE connector. My contacts in the USA AMP/TE and German AMP/TE offices confirmed that. Any markings on them are not there or worn off. I want to say they are Delphi connectors due to their design style, but I can not find them in any old or new catalogs.

I am trying to build a reference of all the various connectors used so that it will be possible for people to replace them without paying $30+ for repair pigtails. Most connectors are $5 for the housing plus a few dollars for the pins.

qtFvXIb.jpg

VSYG0kN.jpg

IZuOcel.jpg

wcG4cMa.jpg

Check out Aveco

I believe it's considered a molex. However, it's proprietary to the automobile manufacturer. The little line up pins on the sides and what not are. Try molex.

Edit. Molex is on the new line with their 150 connectors, the line up pins are wayyyyy different. But you may find something. I'm almost certain it's a molex.

Last edited:
I might be wrong, anyway go to waytek wire, they have s website and have a look around there. I use them for almost all of my electric supply at my shop

The Waytek Wire site has great pictures for all of their in stock products unlike Mouser which is usually just technical drawings. I looked at the Molex connectors on there. Same situation; Molex, AMP, and Delphi all have very similar three way connectors that are similar to this one.

I am thinking these connectors may be hard end of life because places that sell the Standard Motor Products and Airtex pig tails show limited stock or out of stock on various keyings.

You might have luck at a online heavy truck retailer. Molex was popular with a few heavy brands. Fire apparatus supply houses may yeild a few results. Most of that stuff is all now duetch and weather-pak but you might get lucky. I may be wring, but i think its a molex variant.

So Chryco does not have these available?
Not sure those clowns have an "easy" way to look them up.
But, for Ford there is a "connector tool" website, where you punch in the OE number of the part/component you need a pigtail for, and it gives you a PN for the connector/pigtail. Otherwise, if you have savvy parts people at your local dealer they should be able to look in their catalog for the part, and find the correct connector and availability.

Otherwise, as it seems someone already said.. pull them off a(or multiple) part jeep(s) with a length of wire to splice.

So Chryco does not have these available?
Not sure those clowns have an "easy" way to look them up.

I have the MOPAR part numbers for pig tail assemblies.

Otherwise, as it seems someone already said.. pull them off a(or multiple) part jeep(s) with a length of wire to splice.

Right, but I am trying to make a list of replacement housings and terminals to be able to build a new harnesses. This is the only connector that has eluded me.

-----------------------------------------------------

I do have a number now off the camshaft position sensor connector housing. 16236 Which leads me no where.

XJ-ARNIE: The Molex looks to be the closest. I am going to order one and see if the pin arrangement will line up after filing off the key slots on a spare sensor.

Easy killer. Waytek will send you a technical spec on it. Also, molex customer service would probably be more than willing to help. They may even have a PN and a dealer to purchase with. I'm gonna look into it more for you. In the meantime, try places like auveco, Kimball Midwest, Grainger, McMaster Carr, and any other fastner house near you. I would also drop by your local heavy truck store and ask around there as well. An old school, actually qualified parts guy at a small time parts house has this answer. No need to modify anything.

Auveco. Download their catalog.

Back