• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather ...

NAXJA Forum User
predictions, hopes, dreams? LOL

I know in 2013 it rained some and was fairly warm but not bad by any means (remember we're in the 90's down here in late February)

In 2014 we had night temps in the 50's and I don't think it ever got over 85 daily...more rain though.

Last year it was wet and wild but still had nice cool temps.

So far it looks as though they've had less precipitation this year but that's just at a glance when I check my local weather I check Putney's as well. Plus they've stayed pretty cool...in fact there's slight snow chances later this week and 30 degree temps at night.

I'm predicting a little drier and maybe temps in the high 80's.

HOPING/DREAMING for the same temps as the last 2 years but NO rain.

Maybe it'd be nice to be a meteorologist...being half right half the time and getting paid would be a nice change of pace!

I sure hope it is drier this year over last. There are a lot of trails we did in 2014 that I wouldn't touch in 2015 due to them getting so slick. I want to explore some of those trails again this year.

even though it was wet last year, that was some of the best wheelin i have ever done. buuuut, if i had a choice, i would take 80, dry and party cloudy.

Maybe it'd be nice to be a meteorologist...being half right half the time and getting paid would be a nice change of pace!

It's easy to be a meteorologist in central Florida - sunny with a chance of a pop-up rain storm around 3 pm with sun returning by 3:45.

I'd rather be a baseball player. They are doing fine if they succeed 30% of the time.

It's easy to be a meteorologist in central Florida - sunny with a chance of a pop-up rain storm around 3 pm with sun returning by 3:45.

I'd rather be a baseball player. They are doing fine if they succeed 30% of the time.

And in general they make a LOT more than a weather man/woman does so very valid point!

All in all...we won't be in Florida, we will be wheeling despite being wet or not...I'll be excited regardless!

Even when the weather is ugly, Harlan is still a great place to ride.

Even when the weather is ugly, Harlan is still a great place to ride if you have a cabin and a full-bodied rig.

Fixed it for you guys.......

What happens in Harlan, stays in Harlan.

How did we go from weather forecasting to banana hammocks?

Back