• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Seats

FuryIII

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to get a decent replacement front seat? The one I have is terrible.

At the Junkyard. ZJ and WJ seats also fit 1995.5-01 XJ's

I put front seats from a 96 zj in my 98 xj just sway the seat mounting brackets then bolt them in the zj seats seem to sit a little higher up though my hat rubs on the roof now it didn't before. I tried forever to find some Cherokee seats find all kinds of passanger seats no drivers seats.

Used seats are $30-75 each. Reupholstering is $300-600 + each.

I'll hit up Craig's list, Ebay and the local junk yards, see what pans out.

Same... And my comment was in comparison to buying new. Obviously if you find good used seats get them, but in all of my years I've only found one prestine set in the correct color.

Self service yards tend to not be nice to interiors

WJ's are still pretty common with recyclers. I got front and rear leather wj seats with power and heat for $125 for all of it. Then I made back 50 bucks selling the bases

Self service yards tend to not be nice to interiors
Oh man. I deal with LKQ on a professional basis and trying to get a good seat is next to impossible. oil stains, grease smears, soaking wet and moldy....

Baffles me why they would waste good parts like that. It seems to me that that's excellent profit that they are wasting.

Same goes for wiring harnesses. I need complete harnesses often, but they always mangle them. :dunno:

I'm in the same boat of trying to source new seats for my 01. Can find passenger seats but driver :dunno: I was reading about the rugged ridge but not the best reviews. Thought about trying to get WJ seats but back in the same boat of trying to find them in decent condition.

I have a couple sets of clean stock 97-01 XJ seats from the local junkyard, send me a PM.

Anyone know where to get a decent replacement front seat? The one I have is terrible.

I recommend PRP Daily Drivers. They also sell brackets if you want a bolt on solution. I like them better than the Mastercraft Rubicon, ZJ and original XJ seats. Their fit and finish is top notch.

Oh man. I deal with LKQ on a professional basis and trying to get a good seat is next to impossible. oil stains, grease smears, soaking wet and moldy....

Baffles me why they would waste good parts like that. It seems to me that that's excellent profit that they are wasting.

Same goes for wiring harnesses. I need complete harnesses often, but they always mangle them. :dunno:

I called L Q K they had a good drivers for 175 bucks I thought was kinda pricey I found set from a zj for 80 dollars for both seats

Back