• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEL P0700.... Yes I've googled it with no luck.

Spokes

NAXJA Forum User
What's up guys, so my DD is giving some trouble. It's throwing P0700 code. I was towing my small 5x7" open trailer with my pitbike on it over the weekend... Jeep didn't want to shift into OD. Pulled over and checked the trans fluid, was full and fresh ( I drain the pan every other oil change )

So I shut the jeep off for a few minutes and fired it up and it went into OD but the CEL came on.

I scanned it at work yesterday got the code and first thing I did was pulled the NSS and cleaned it (wasn't dirty) I also disconnected the battery and touched the terminals together for a minute to reset everything. I cleared the code and it came back at start up.

Jeep is still not shifting into OD after start up, if I restart it sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.

Thoughts?!

P0700 is a code in the PCM to direct the tech to scan the transmission module for transmission codes.

Most over-the-counter code readers won't read other modules aside front the engine module. You will need an actual scan tool to do that.

Test your TPS (throttle position sensor). I had that same issue a few years back and replacing one of the sensors solved the issue (I forget which sensor). From what I recall, the TPS feeds a signal into the tranny controller.

I stopped at a local trans shop last night and he scanned it for me, p0705. Told me to clean the NSS again and gave me a few other ideas to try.

Back