• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock suspension kit

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone make a stock suspension kit? I installed a 3 inch lift years ago, but im trying to get it back to stock. I always liked the way that some jeeps sat better than other, maybe there was a like a up country option? if anyone has a link let me know. Im trying to get something new

http://www.arbusa.com/

Superior Australian quality than many of those so-called OEM parts; i.e., of many of those XJ replacement parts coming in from china, or wherever..!?! Contact your dealer, or call up ARB, and tell 'em what you want/need.

My way of thinking for obtaining the Old Man Emu suspension system was by noting that the roads in Australia eat sub-standard suspension parts, blah, blah, and I wanted not to gamble, nor spending more, and more hours on the net researching any further than that I found via ARB.

There is a window of time in which if you purchase a kit, you will get a Visa gift card to offset a bit of your investment.

I'm not aware of any "stock" suspension kits. Up Country was a factory option that gave about a 1-1.5" lift using different front coils & rear leafs, better shocks, and skid plates. LSD may have been included in all Up Country suspensions.

I believe the Crown HD rear leaf springs are the closest you can affordably buy as replacements for Up Country. I'm not sure about the front coils. I believe you can still buy them from the dealer but it will not be cheap.

For stock rear leafs the Dorman 929-301 work pretty well. I put these on my Jeep to replace the sagging factory leafs. The front coils still hold the ride height.

Personally I like the look of a OME 2.5" lift with 30x9.5x15 BFG's. And other people do as well, because I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it. It's not going to be doing any rock crawling but the ride is comfortable on the dirt & rocky roads we have around here, whereas my other Jeep with "stock" suspension is bone jarring and teeth rattling.

Anyone make a stock suspension kit? I installed a 3 inch lift years ago, but im trying to get it back to stock. I always liked the way that some jeeps sat better than other, maybe there was a like a up country option? if anyone has a link let me know. Im trying to get something new

Mine '00 is just a DD but wouldn't mind a bit of a stance. Was thinking using an Up Country suspension might be the way to go. Maybe this will help?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/2000-xj-up-country-lift-specs-3671841/

This here pretty much includes all part #'s for upcountry suspension.
http://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC782-Variable-Rate-Spring/product-reviews/B000C53ZSC

UPCOUNTRY OPTION
---------
If you would like to duplicate the factory Upcountry option in its more important parts (i.e., the suspension) in your Cherokee XJ 1991-1996 (and probably earlier and later years), you can purchase everything here at Amazon. You will need the following:

Moog CC782 coil springs (sold by the pair) - .
Crown 4886186AA leaf springs (sold each, so order two) - .*
Zone 2100J 0.75 inch spacers (the Crowns have a little too much lift: these restore the correct front-to-rear ratio) - .*
Monroe Sensa Trac 37083 front shocks (adequate and a good value, order two) - .*
Monroe Sensa Trac 37027 rear shocks (as above, order two) - .*
Energy Suspension 22109B rear polyurethane bushings (easier to install, GREASE POLY's THOROUGHLY!!!) - .*

...and there you have it. YMMV, but on my 1996 Cherokee XJ Sport, the replacement parts above (except shocks: but I would have used those; I just got a great deal on the monotubes) gave me the equivalent of a 1.75 inch lift, and a brand new HD suspension at a bargain price. If you're reasonably handy with tools, you will save a bundle of money, and be inordinately pleased with the final result.

Last edited:
This here pretty much includes all part #'s for upcountry suspension.
http://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC782-Variable-Rate-Spring/product-reviews/B000C53ZSC

UPCOUNTRY OPTION
---------
If you would like to duplicate the factory Upcountry option in its more important parts (i.e., the suspension) in your Cherokee XJ 1991-1996 (and probably earlier and later years), you can purchase everything here at Amazon. You will need the following:

Moog CC782 coil springs (sold by the pair) - .
Crown 4886186AA leaf springs (sold each, so order two) - .*
Zone 2100J 0.75 inch spacers (the Crowns have a little too much lift: these restore the correct front-to-rear ratio) - .*
Monroe Sensa Trac 37083 front shocks (adequate and a good value, order two) - .*
Monroe Sensa Trac 37027 rear shocks (as above, order two) - .*
Energy Suspension 22109B rear polyurethane bushings (easier to install, GREASE POLY's THOROUGHLY!!!) - .*

...and there you have it. YMMV, but on my 1996 Cherokee XJ Sport, the replacement parts above (except shocks: but I would have used those; I just got a great deal on the monotubes) gave me the equivalent of a 1.75 inch lift, and a brand new HD suspension at a bargain price. If you're reasonably handy with tools, you will save a bundle of money, and be inordinately pleased with the final result.

You are the real deal Heep, much thanks!

Once you have good shocks you will never like SensaTracs unless you only drive on smooth roads. SensaTracs are basically light duty pick up truck shocks. Washboard and rocky roads are bone jarring and teeth rattling.

You can put 31's on a 2.5" lift but you may hit the wheel wells at full flex if you don't bump stop correctly. Also be prepared for a dip in fuel economy if you don't regear. 30" is a sweet spot because you can still mount a spare in the back without relocating the rear seat or adding a rear/roof tire carrier.

Back