• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone make bolt-on armor for doors?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have orf rear quarter panel armor, I found armor for the front quarters, seems strange no one makes anything for the doors.. any thoughts?
I guess I could always just buy the stock and do it myself, matching the bends isn't one of my strengths ..

Seems like a good idea. I'm not sure how the door hindges would hold up with the extra weight without reinforcement. Most xj's I ever owned had saggy doors that needed attention.

A while ago, DBO used to make door protection IIRC.
Removing doors will also help prevent door damage.

I've been thinking about getting the Rusty's for my Comanche...seems like a semi-decent price...but I might as well just fab it myself since I cut 2" off the bottom of my door.

I've been thinking about getting the Rusty's for my Comanche...seems like a semi-decent price...but I might as well just fab it myself since I cut 2" off the bottom of my door.

rustys is just the bottom portion of the door-- not sure that that's really worth the money since I already have rick sliders. I'm looking for something more substantial, that hits higher up on the door, like below the window.

Ohh gotcha, Like go1lum said, that is going to add a ton of weight to the already weak attachment points for the hinges...I wouldn't suggest it unless you plan on beefing up the unibody at that point. Just my opinion...

Back