• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition short/bad/ wtf/ voltage surge.

Briancolirad

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all. I am having trouble with my ignition and possibly other electrical.. Yesterday my voltmeter spiked while driving
Also I belive something in my ignition is failing. Red a lot about actuator pin breaking, ...
Mine will still start for now, bit sometimes when I turn key to auxiliary position, it will only give power for a brief second. Then start position is dead. (almost like a bad battery connection but mine are ok..) also the auxiliary position on the turn back never has worked since I got her.
So there it is.. The surge and ignition is stupid... Related..? Perhaps a bad connection on international switch?. Bad key cylinder?. broken switch?. Help. Already have spent 10k on a build and the.little crap is gonna make me bald.

You say you checked them but it really sounds like bad battery cables. I'd give em another look, and clean them to be sure. A voltage spike however could be alternator related

x2 on battery cables/connections

Well, the positive cable had a bit of corrosion down the wire, I cut off led terminals and cut off as much wire as I could spare and cleaned out dusty debris. Then I put in new coated terminals and gobbed "liquid tape" on exposed wires for a waterproof seal.. Time will tell.

Back