• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ALTERNATIVE TO NOVAK HEADERS

Pressalire

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the middle of a 5.3 swap in my MJ, Just wondering if anyone makes headers that will clear the novak motor mounts besides the real expensive novak ones

with as many different OEM manifolds that were offered on the LS motors im sure something has to work. you just might have to cut the stock flanges off and weld in some pipe to extend the connection down out of the engine bay. the GTO headers for example are pretty compact and sweep back. the flange for the down tubes is near the bottom rear of the block.

got pics of what space you are working with?

gm shorty corvette headers may work-- I looked at those when I did my 350 swap, but decided to bite the bullet and get novak

Just save yourself the headache and get Novak. I'm sure you can get something but I'll be a long process. I though the price of the Novak headers were pretty reasonable

Back