• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baby Car Seats

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some pics of car seats in your XJ's. I'm a soon-to-be dad for the first time, so entertain me. LOL

Just got this one today at my wife's baby shower. :thumbup:

12871458_10102656187486111_8660097574357659811_n.jpg

I think that one is to big for a newborn,they use the kind that have a handle like a bread basket.that way you put them in there in the house and bring them out and snap them in.at least my kids had that. You can also go to any firestation and they will show you how.congratulations though

Congrats.
You will want to adjust the base if it will let your or get a pool noodle to shove in the crook of the seat to get the head more horizontal. If you have any concerns at all, call your closest fire station and see if they will do it for you. The combo seats that work for newborn till they get to a booster are really large now and I find if you only have one kid in a car seat, it's easiest to put them in the middle while they are rear facing. You have more room between the front seats and you aren't forcing your passenger to hump the dashboard to keep the carseat at the right angle.

Best one I have. I would wait till s/he has good head control before doing anything jarring like crawling or bombing through the desert.

Okay, middle seat sounds good. Definitely better for the wife (hah!).
Yeah, I knew that I needed to bring the front of the seat up more, with a noodle or something, I was just excited to see how it looks in the XJ. LOL

Definitely put the seat in the middle. The seat we had only needed a towel under the seat to level it out right.
That seat looks big, although I've noticed some of the newer safer seats are much bigger than they need to be like a shell around the baby.

haha.. congrats man! i carry 3 seats in mine. will try to get u a pic tomorrow. def put rear facing in the middle. thats where my littlest goes. big girl goes behind me in a booster and middle is behind wife in a fwd facing full seat. took a lil fenderwell massaging to make it happen, but we all wheel together now:laugh3:

Recaros are awesome. We have two of them.

Fitting car seats into compact vehicles is anything but awesome. Even worse if you are tall.

This thread may be of interest to you: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1122450&highlight=seat

If you can score some of those attachment points it might be worth your while. I did not worry that all of our vehicles were too old to have the modern gizmos.

Back