• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road Outfitters

Generally speaking I don't hold their products in high regard.

I do feel their drop brackets are pretty decent though. Possibly more beefy than RE or RC.

I have the Rocky Road CAD. I like the design better than the Rough Country brackets. There was a slight fit issue at the crossmember (a bit tight where the holes line up) but not anything significant.

Ya I just got done reading a bunch of bad reviews about them. I ordered them anyway, so I guess I'll be a guinea pig lol. They just looked beefy and come with braces where the RE set does not

I bought a 98 XJ with their CAD on it. Looks beefy and well thought out, but...
Once the the frame gussets are tightened to the drop brackets they bind up on the crossmember bolts. If you were to bolt the gussets to the drop brackets without the crossmember bolts in place you would need a crowbar to flex the gussets enough to get the bolts in. This puts a huge load on the bolts and cracks welds on the gussets. Not to mention the stripped threads in the unibody that were surely caused by this.

When these come off they will be scrapped. I could not in good conscience sell them to anyone.

i have a track bar from them. great service and i had DW and ruined my axle side bushing. they sent a new one no questions asked. now that one is gone bad, and the culprit is my axle's track bar mount, is goobered up due to a seized track bar bolt i had to deal with. i need to make repairs and then replace with a new bushing i bought. so my problems were mine outright, and their 109 dollar track bar is a heck of a deal. both ends user serviceable, and life time warranty on bending it.

Ask shelbyluv about RRO ..
I got a REALLY good deal on my RE CAD brackets on amazon. About 160$ shipped. Not sure if the same seller or price exists currently.

Could that fixed by elongating the holes?

Not by elongating the holes front to back. They splay outward to each side so far that you can no longer see the bolt holes in the unibody and most of the top plate of the gusset is no longer in contact with the unibody rails. I was considering cutting them apart and rewelding them, but I'm going to long arms. There is no evidence of any damage to the unibody or anywhere else that could be causing this.

I have them. Went right in no problems. Do exactly what there designed to do. Ride improved tremulously over running a 4.5 lift with the arms in the stock location. Mine seems to flex better than having the arm in the stock location. But the flex is nowhere near that of a long arm set up. Also I did notice the small angle and where the arms sit seam to be in line of a long arm. I was wanting to something different than I did on my 87 XJ.

I have used RRO products on a couple of occasions and they are ok at best. This company will promise you the sun and the moon to make a sale. The customer service after the fact is horrible.

I have used RRO products on a couple of occasions and they are ok at best. This company will promise you the sun and the moon to make a sale. The customer service after the fact is horrible.

this is pretty much how i feel as well. their cad brackets actually look like nice pieces, i've seen them in person. the rest of their stuff is "meh."
i had the typical horrible customer service issue with them, and ended up canceling the order. the guy's attitude was just amazingly crappy. i've never used them again, and never will.

For every happy customer, there's a line of people who feel screwed over

RRO makes a lift for my brand new Durango.. But I'm waiting for a different brand, I don't want to deal with them

Got my drop brackets from RRO installed today. Install was pretty easy and fit was excellent. They took quite a while to show up, but I'm more than happy with them, and the ride quality is almost like stock in the front now. Hopefully on my next days off I'll get the no-lift shackle relocation brackets installed.

Back