• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dune JKU

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure what came over me...but i bought a 2014 JK Unlimited today! Auto with a soft top and half doors, dune paint and 9,400 miles

25575800486_f2cc5877d1_o.jpg

I knew those gay wheeels/hubcaps had to go before i even bought the jeep lol

I found someone on craigslist selling 5 rubicon wheels and tires and they happened to only live like two miles from the dealership where i got the jeep so i swung by and picked them up on the way home

25601907465_cf19a23e76_z.jpg

Dutch, or anyone else who had/has a JK....Whats a good programmer to buy to calibrate my speedo for the bigger tires?

I would never disagree with Led, but I disagree. I had a Super Chip for my LJ and it was worthless.

When I put those Rubicon rims on my daughter's 2013 JK I used the AEM ProCal. I uninstalled it so I can install it on her 2016 JKU. It worked perfectly for fixing the speedometer.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/vehicle/jk-wrangler/procal-module

We tuned my wife's 2010 JKU with a Superchips Flashpaq tuner and it made a huge difference but I have heard that they don't do much on TJs & LJs.

LOL why would Jeep even put those little tires and hubcaps on a Wrangler..... ever?

Looks like a brand new JK. Nice find.

Man those guys at 4wp sure are good at dropping the ball....almost every time i order/buy stuff from them. After waiting a week and a half i find out that the superchips programmer i thought was on its way to the 4wp denver warehouse is actually on backorder until the middle of april. And i only found this out after calling the check on my order.

One phone call to quadratec and i have a programmer as well as 1" leveling coil spacers for the front of the jeep. Im tired of waitng for a dumb programmer so i went ahead and threw the wheels on the jeep today...

25285511713_7127b87fc1_c.jpg

Looks more like a jeep now! I also found out today that JKs have dana 44s in the rear, might be common knowledge, but i never knew that!

Well we woke up today and decided to go break in the jeep since it was so nice out. The old lady, kiddo, and I drove up and ran slaughterhouse today and man was it fun!

25313223364_a1f305011e_c.jpg

I let Natosha drive the whole trail since shes ridden with me all these years and hasnt ever sat in the drivers seat. There was a long steep downhill section of the trail where there was still quite a bit of snow, it was pretty slippery, and she got pretty nervous. We turned the hill descent control on and man is that cool, it works so well its incredible, it made her feel alot more confident driving that part of the trail.

25945914975_286c0a753a_c.jpg

We had a really great time, it had been a long time since weve been wheeling, and it was the first time taking the JK off pavement. My lady did great, and i was really impressed with the jeep! The trail wasnt very hard but there was enough snow to make it interesting.

Im hoping to get out quite a bit more this summer to hit up trails. Hopefully next time ill plan ahead a little and post up here so some of you guys can join us.

Great snag.
Next time you want to order from 4wp let me know ill shoot you my buddies number. He's pretty good about checking before just ordering.

The million $$$$$$ picture!

25945914975_286c0a753a_c.jpg

Keep up the good work! :)

Yeah I coulda been talked into running Slaughterhouse in the Ram...... Might be able to make it for the Chapter's Slaughterhouse run this Saturday the 26th........

Many years back in my original 'Heep I went with a friend in just my Jeep, no other vehicles. I ran down - well attempted to - that steep section. It was completely snow covered and untraveled since the snow had fallen..... snow had covered very slick ice. The sun only hits that part of the trail between the trees for a short time - just long enough to start melting, then re-freezing when the trees shield the sun again. I slid off the trail about 50 yards down from the start and put the driver's side against several trees. It sat there over night until I could return with a hand winch (come-a-long) and a buddy. Sucked!

Last edited:
Got something fun in the mail today! This something doesnt make the jeep wheel or drive any better but i feel that it is a great building block to start with.

25899778521_08b3e7e634_c.jpg

What youre looking at is an sPod system, its essentially a power distribution and switch system. "The Source" houses 6 power channels that each have their own fuse and relay, it mounts with two bolts and then you simply run the harness out of it over to your battery.

25968828946_b44d21cc9d_c.jpg

25899781331_6b1fe8c620_c.jpg

A harness runs from the source to the prewired switch panel that houses 6 illuminated carling contura rocker switches. Installation was a breeze, all of the harnesses are wrapped in oem looking loom, and all of the wires were the perfect length. No extra mess of wires to try and zip tie out of the way and nothing was stretched tight either.

25362031744_99e64632f4_c.jpg

The hot wire has an inline auto resetting circuit breaker, and there is a low voltage cut off built into the system, so if i leave accessories switched on the system will automatically kill them when it sees the batery voltage drop down to 10.6 volts. With this system installed in the jeep i only have to run one hot wire and one ground wire to terminals inside the source, no mounting relays all over my engine bay and wires running all over the place.

Im planning on doing a light bar across the top of the windshield, and rock lights sometime in the near future for camping and whatnot. I plan on doing an arb compressor at some point too. The spod will make wiring up all of these things very quick, easy, and clean.

That........is.......awesome! :thumbup:

But........ at $400+ that's a very high end item.

They make a nice one to fill the coin tray area of the Dodge Ram center console...... If this were $200 or less I'd be a buyer.

Last edited:
I love the sPod in my XJ, worth every penny IMHO. It makes it really simple to wire stuff up the right way. I have the sPod ARB harness if you need one, I bought it but ended up not needing it.

I got my programmer in a couple weeks ago and calibrated the jeep for my new tire size so the speedo is correct. I also got my 1" leveling spacers installed in the front, and picked this up off of craigslist a couple days ago...

25712030154_0bd2fe2a47_c.jpg

26250659011_43d60c1cec_c.jpg

10th anniversary rear bumper with tow hooks and hitch. Its a steal rear bumper versus the plastic factory bumper that came on mine, and it also accepts an aev tire swingout.

I found a slightly used AEV Premium front winch bumper a month or so ago, I bought a can of touchup paint from aev and gave the bumper a quick coat after fixing a little rock rash on the bottom side.

28667457172_88742af772_c.jpg

After not finding anything good in the price range i was looking in, and not getting any offers in the price range i was looking to get out of my jeep i decided to just keep it. So ive been keeping an eye out for good deals on used parts and i came across a set of 10th anniversary rock sliders yesterday.

28772641485_1a4d6cf505_c.jpg

These came off of a 10a rubicon that only had 100 miles on it....it blows my mind that people are spending the money for these rubicons just to remove all of the good rubicon specific parts. Oh well its working out good for me!

One of my biggest gripes with the JK is that you cannot completely disable the Electronic Stability Package in 2hi. You can hold the esp button and it will allow a little more wheel spin but the second the computer detects any sideways momentum it shuts down all the fun. Same with 4hi, the only way to completely turn off the traction control/abs is in 4lo. I ended up removing my center console and cut the signal wire to the computer that reads yaw and wired a switch inline. Now i can slide the jeep around, burnout, do doughnuts or whatever else i feel like doing with one push of a button.

28695631361_19635c6a5a_c.jpg

Something showed up for me on friday.....
28715223121_6d18f0c583_z.jpg

28792423135_305e6c24d3_c.jpg

I went up this morning and did webster pass and part of redcone before one of the JKs in our group broke his tracbar mount off his axle

28529366960_b9fb5f2822_b.jpg

Back