• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on Sandwhiching: JCR Gas Tank skid + HD offroad Shackle Relocation Boxes.

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Sandwhiching: JCR Gas Tank skid + HD offroad Shackle Relocation Boxes.

Just as the title suggests, how did you account for the additional thickness of the shackle bracket? I have the regular relocation boxes and it utilizes the nutsert in the unirail where the skid plate goes.

What have you guys used? Flat stock cut to shape with holes drilled? Big thick washers?

Thanks!

I think the shackle boxes are supposed to go below the skid. You will need slightly longer bolts.

My hd brackets came with extra spacers if you wanted to run them below the skid. Otherwise, you can do the skid below the boxes. Makes more sense that way anyway cause once in, the relocation boxes don't ever need to come out.

the gap that is created by the shackleboxes on the rear of the skid plate mounting holes, what should go in there? Washers?

The back end across the rear cross member has a gap too because of the shackles.

Should i just stop over thinking this and crank down the bolts?

Throw some washers in between. You are over thinking this. I didn't really understand what you meant at first.

ER6E5IL.jpg

sold the hitch so I pulled the bumper too.

Q27uDtZ.jpg

had to get creative

MToOE15.jpg

Floor Jack for the win.

I put two washers to help with the spacing here for the shackle boxes and the gas tank skid. After tightening down it sucked it all together nicely.

HKTlFAw.jpg

The JCR gas tank skid did not include the 3 bolts on the back crossmember.

OjTaUOH.jpg

Great fit on the jeep and looks great.

Looks so weird with no bumper.

n1klabu.jpg

Look what the cat dragged in.. literally fedex.

u9QZPaJ.jpg

xjxaaxw.jpg

Back