• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ASD relay no tach, AC, or E-fan

diesel-xj

NAXJA Forum User
hi quick question is the ASD relay supposed to be energized or not energized for normal running?
I have a Kubota in the jeep now for over a year. after a bit of agony, at the beginning the electronics and instruments were all running perfectly for over a year. so I decided to clean up some of the left over wiring about a month ago. that is when I lost Aircon, tach and efan.
all I did for the first clean up was to combine the 4 grounds by the coil into one cable, and I cut back the already cut alternator and coil wires.

forward to today, in trying to nail down the problem I have now cut out the unused injector wires, and the tps.
I am still using the OE CPS, a fakey cam signal, OE intake temp and pressure.

ignition on not running I have 12.5 vdc @ pdc asd cavity 30 and 12.3vdc at pdc asd 85 ignition off 85 goes to ground with no voltage, 30 still has 12.5vdc,

I am pretty sure I created this problem and it is not a sensor or the pcm. early on I had the same problem over a year ago, I fixed, but I am not sure what I did to fix it.

also when I take the temp sensor up past 220 I DO NOT get the e-fan.
I can live without the factory tach, I can even almost live with out the aircon, but I want the efan to come on when it needs to.
I can jump the relays, 30 to 87 and get the efan to work and the ac clutch will kick.

I am thinking I have a ASD problem or maybe something that triggers the ASD. the dark green/ orange wire is also suspect,

is there a way to bypass the ASD ???? for troubleshooting purposes, or again is it suppose to be energized or not for normal running. I did try and jump cavity 30 to 87 on the ASD cavity at the pcm and no luck

ok good to know. thanks. I just got all back working again. I guess I have a bad cam sender. the fakey cam signal I made used a modified oem cam sender, and I guess it went bad??
There is another method to fool the PCM, this involves jumping the crank signal to the cam signal . this is what got me going again. funny how the aircon, tach and efan are all interconnected.
so I am back in business and headed for the dyno on Tuesday
thanks tripled

Back