• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting straps to ubolts

crazymaci

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody recall the napa part number for the ubolts when converting ujoint straps to ubolts? I beleive i have 1310's. Also are you guys converting over the yolks on the tcase as well? I thought I've seen a thread on this before but couldn't find it, thanks 2000,4.0,abs, unknown year HP D30, dana 44 rear. Np231j. I also just swapped out axles and didn't think about the joints, are these all 1310? Thanks

Yeah there 1310's
Believe you have to drill the yoke to accept a u bolt though.
I was thinking about doing that to my 8.25 which is also a 1310.
Yukon gear has a part # yystr 005 that's a 1310 oem type. looks like the same thing I have.

Thanks, that napa part number is actually a moog strap, 6$ a pair. 1310s all the way around(except maybe the front axles?).And the tcase bolts are through bolts already. Do you guys run greasable joints or non greasable? Big price differance when im doing 8 or so.

Being able to grease them is a good thing, so you can flush all the junk out.
Get the Spicer's, if you have a 30 it's a 1310.

You can get 1350 yokes for all of them. 1350's are 30% stronger but do not have the clearance for higher angles(oem type).

Back