• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help

robxj1990

NAXJA Forum User
Ok heres my deal I have a 1990 xj 2wheel drive and im looking two make it 4x4 so I want the best tcase I can go pull from the junk yard for the build so any help would be nice thanks

You're gonna need the whole trans

You'll need a complete trany, because the output shafts are different from 2wd to 4wd, and transfer case. Grab a set that's 91-95ish because they have a 23 spline output rather than 21 spline from 87-90. transfer case linkage and shifter, interior console if yours doesn't have the window and gear indicator for the transfer case. Front axle and both drive shafts. Take all the mounting hardware for everything! There'll be plenty of miscellaneous expenses for small stuff as well. It's a lot of work. Since your in Florida and not the rust belt I would cruise the local classifieds for a 4wd truck in good shape with a bad engine and swap in your engine for less work and very possibly less money on your part. Just an option. Phil.

I'm in jax. And just yanked a 231 and aw4 on the ace pick apart sale for $85. You can get em cheap.

As for the rust... Florida rigs are rusty as ****. Lot of people like o drive on the beach. The rig I got these from literally rotted away.

Back