• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold draft, passenger side only, 2001 XJ

russtt

NAXJA Forum User
With the floor vent on, we get plenty of heat, except at highway speed, there is cold draft coming out of an area right behind the glove box door. Where could that be coming from ? Thank you

Do you also get water on the pass. floor when it rains and the vehicle is sitting? There is a foam seal on the firewall opposite the glove box that can leak over time.

I had this problem in varying degrees with all my XJ's, the worst being the 95, and one of the reasons I retired it. It became nearly impossible to have a passenger in the winter, and no amount of heat could overcome it. I suspect some of the draft is from a bad windshield seal, not readily seen.

Thank you all for your response. I sat in the pass seat while someone else drove on the hwy in winter. You could put your hand up behind the glove box and feel the cold air coming in there. I have had water get in the passenger side when the car is facing downhill in heavy rainstorm. I will check the foam seal in the firewall area.

Back