• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speed sensor 94/98 231

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so basically I have a 94, tcase was split when I bought it, replaced with a 98 231 and threw a fixed yoke kit on. 94 plug didn't plug into the 98 sensor. Never really cared as it's always been a trail rig. Well, now it's turning into more of a driver for awhile and I need to get my speedo working. Part of the sensor on mine is broken, no bolt left, plastic cracked and it's non existant (see pic for location of breakage). This pic/case isn't mine, just using for reference. So basically I found a new sensor and plug on ebay and had planned to just swap everything over. Anything I may run in to? I've read there is the short style and longer style, not sure if it matters if I'm replacing the whole unit. It's not my first XJ by any means but I've never messed with this sensor before so I'd like to do it once. Ebay link is to the replacement. Thanks for any advice. I can pull mine out of the tcase tomorrow and show a better example.

2n8rmrt.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401032580604?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
Back