• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31x10.50 on grizzly wheels

Sub Zero

NAXJA Forum User
I've always loved the grizzly wheels since I first fell in love with the xj. I want to switch my wheels out for the grizzly style but I'm not sure if my 31x10.50s would be good on them. I'm also not sure what lift I have so I don't know if they will have the backspace I need. Here's a pic of the Jeep if anybody can help me out
e60627317e0fb10f528b6110ccf92b85.jpg

28srjpu.jpg

I believe my dad's XJ is running the Grizzly wheels. He's on a pieced together 3" lift, 31x10.5 Hercules M/Ts. Aftermarket lower arms with no bends, no rubbing or any problems. But he doesn't wheel much either. Ignore my pile in the background, only good pic I have of his.

My first try at attaching a pic. 1990 xj with a 3.5 RE lift,31x10.50x15 bfg a/t's and grizzly wheels. Noticed the paint was worn off on driver's side lower control arm. Don't recall hearing it rub. RE lower arms.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Last edited:

My first try at attaching a pic. 1990 xj with a 3.5 RE lift,31x10.50x15 bfg a/t's and grizzly wheels. Noticed the paint was worn off on driver's side lower control arm. Don't recall hearing it rub. RE lower arms.

Go to tinypic.com and upload it and under the resize option use message board then copy the img tag.

I looked at my lower control arms and turned my wheels all the way to lock. Don't see any rubbing. I did see some small marks where it may have barely touched in the past, but nothing major

28srjpu.jpg

I believe my dad's XJ is running the Grizzly wheels. He's on a pieced together 3" lift, 31x10.5 Hercules M/Ts. Aftermarket lower arms with no bends, no rubbing or any problems. But he doesn't wheel much either. Ignore my pile in the background, only good pic I have of his.
I won't be wheeling mine as much as I would like either, it will mainly just be my daily driver

They look so good, I guess best bet would be to measure the backspace on my current wheels and compare it to the grizzly wheel. The ride height seems pretty close to mine as well, seems like they wouldn't rub

Any chance you could repost the pic of the control arm? I'm interested to see since we have the same tires

I have 31/10.50's on my XJ on stock steel wheels. I also have a set of 31/10.50 MTR-k on ZJ Canyon wheels (same BS and 7" wide rim as an XJ)
Even with long arms, I rubbed a bit at full driver-side lock.
Adjust steering stops, and/or drive/wheel accordingly.
Pending tread type, rubbing noise may be minimal or non-existant. I doubt POS BFG AT's will make much noise on tube-type control arms.

I can take a pic tomorrow and post it for you. You're right pos bfg a/t doesn't make any noise...But if I was gonna run a big boy tread I would have bought a big boy tire not a 31x10.50x15 !

I have 31/10.50's on my XJ on stock steel wheels. I also have a set of 31/10.50 MTR-k on ZJ Canyon wheels (same BS and 7" wide rim as an XJ)
Even with long arms, I rubbed a bit at full driver-side lock.
Adjust steering stops, and/or drive/wheel accordingly.
Pending tread type, rubbing noise may be minimal or non-existant. I doubt POS BFG AT's will make much noise on tube-type control arms.
I wonder if my stops have been adjusted already since I'm not rubbing at all

Both xj's are red... I think the ones on my 1990 are the grizzlies. Bought them at a garage sale and don't know what year they were original on . But thank you for posting the differences . Did the eccos come on xj's from the factory ?

Both xj's are red... I think the ones on my 1990 are the grizzlies. Bought them at a garage sale and don't know what year they were original on . But thank you for posting the differences . Did the eccos come on xj's from the factory ?

Totally missed your picture. Yes yours are Grizzlies. The late model has eccos. I just wanted to point out the difference because I bought a single wrong wheel when I was trying to get a set of five.

Hmm, yeah guess so. I thought the lighter colored ones were the Ecco's. Didn't realize there were so many variations of stock junk. They're good enough for a 72 year old man's mall crawler, they're prolly good enough for you. Ha ha.

But in reality they all have 5.25" backspacing correct? I think that is the only concern besides the different look.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah guess so. I thought the lighter colored ones were the Ecco's. Didn't realize there were so many variations of stock junk. They're good enough for a 72 year old man's mall crawler, they're prolly good enough for you. Ha ha.

But in reality they all have 5.25" backspacing correct? I think that is the only concern besides the different look.
I read somewhere that the grizzly wheels have 5.5 backspace. Are the Ecco wheels the same back space?

Back