• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60

Phantom xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 bj d60, ive been looking all over for a truss or a kit to weld on to it so it will bolt up under an xj. It seems like the only one they make are for the 78-79. Anyone know of any that will work or someone who could do it within a couple hundred miles of va. Any information would be greatly appreciated

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "D60" and "bolt up to an XJ"...just don't happen.

Getting a D60 under an XJ is going to require some work.

There's a reason you don't really see them, since every setup is going to be a little different.

I know its not bolt in, they make a truss with all the brackets and coil buckets for the 78-79, u would think that they would have done something similar for the later years. These swaps are becoming more and more common

I have a 93 ball joint 60 in my cherokee. I used the Artec truss. I couldn't be any happier with that decision. Look for the one for a jk swap. Then cut your posts and move them out 1.5" and the rest is good.

I wouldn't waste money on any truss out there. I built a better/beefier one that fits better for a fraction of the price

If you have the ability to weld it on, you have the ability to make it. Hell, seems like some of the trusses available require more fitment work then just building one yourself, I just used a piece of 3x6x5/16 rect tubing and notched it to tightly fit the housing

If you search for threads started by me, you'll find the 60 I built

Making a truss may be easier said than done. Some people would have the skills to properly do it. Some may not. Then again some people would rather put there time into another part of the build. There are so many factors in it. Why not just build a buggy instead. In my case I had a bunch of parts laying around for a couple other builds and made things work. If the builder has the time knowledge and means to make there own parts that's great. Phantom do what ever your comfortable doing. Either way be careful not to warp the axle. That would be the biggest loss for a axle swap.

Thanks for the input guys, im talking to a fab shop about setting it up for me. I have fab skills but i just dont feel comfortable tackling this. I will be putting the 14bolt in and doing all the plating myself just a little nervous about ruining a d60. If it was a d44 i would tackle that no problem. I have a Cherokee with d44 and 9 inch with hydro assist on 37s, but i wanna step up to 42s eventually

I just bought these, no need for a truss. http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/XJ--TJ-Jeep-Combo-Bracket-Upgrade-Kit_p_1838.html
Buy or build a single upper mount on the passenger side and you're done. Axle swap is a good time to go to a 3 link anyway, or at least get rid of the axle mounted bushing on your uppers. Some slight modification with the grinder and sawzall and you can make enough room on the short side tube to get the coil bucket in there.

That's an 04 superduty 60 with even less room on the drivers side tube, but we made it work.

Last edited:
That's an 04 superduty 60 with even less room on the drivers side tube, but we made it work.

Yeah but it appears you cut the housing back which is a terrible idea. Better off welding it straight to the center section.

Back