• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strengthening/stiffening

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
So, if I were to replace my bolt on rock sliders with welded in rocker replacements, will those essentially do the same thing as the weld-on frame stiffeners? They should give the Jeep some substantial extra rigidity, but I'm not sure both options would accomplish the same task.

Will someone talk me through what each option will accomplish in the long run. I'm using my Jeep mostly in the mountains, lots of off camber stuff, washouts, rock gardens, narrow windy trails between trees.

Most that do the weld in rockers tie them to frame stiffeners. That's how I did it after I ripped off my bolt on sliders

Theyd do the same as a pair of mustang "weld on frame stiffeners", ie, stiffen the frame rails slightly thru added structure.

They wouldnt do nearly the same as xj "weld on frame stiffeners", which are basically 3/4 of frame boxing...

I would look at them stiffening your frame rails as an added bonus... but dont expect the world.... definately not a feature.

Back