• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a answer asap please

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
97' 4.0l
This pic is of the front O2 sensor connector. I've been having a check engine light saying the o2 sensor isn't working.
Is that pin suppose to be shorter than the rest? I didn't want to pull on it with needle noses till I can confirm if that is what is causing me issues

9e4f3b9fa051a8c495ea7b0f7b3619a3.jpg

Nope shouldn't be like that, use some needle nose pliers to pull it back out or see if you can push the wire for that pin back in from the back side of the sensor. Make sure the pin is still connected to the wire and hasn't separated and if it wont stay in place and wants to push back in when you go to reconnect it I would use a little dab of epoxy or something at the base of the pin to glue it in place.

I'd be worried about something lodged in the o2 sensor female end to that caused this pin to be pushed back.

I think that came from the old O2 sensor I replaced. The one I have now is a new one and I confirmed there was nothing lodged in it. Makes me wonder if my old sensor was still good but this pushed pin made me think it was bad.

So I got the pin fixed and put back together and did the battery discharge to clear code and now it's running super rough like I think it's running extremely rich as I can smell gas in the engine bay when before I couldn't.
Here's a short clip of how it sounds.
http://youtu.be/2U1GMYQiy6U

I've done the battery discharge before when trying to fix the o2 code before and after starting it, it's never ran this rich before. Any ideas?

Back