• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flares - anyone buy from here ?

Na, I wouldn't support anything overseas. Napier precision make some of the best flares out there, they're tough/well made and still take up less space than bushwhackers. Also they can custom make them for body mods.. Like armer, lower quarter tuck ect.

EDIT: Didn't look before leaping.

Na, I wouldn't support anything overseas. Napier precision make some of the best flares out there, they're tough/well made and still take up less space than bushwhackers. Also they can custom make them for body mods.. Like armer, lower quarter tuck ect.

What are the thoughts on the Notch Customs ones?

-P

They are nice but a ton of cash, if you wheel I wouldn't think about it, when I was in the market I was tossed between Napier, rusty's and diy tj rear flares. I wanted it to look decent but didn't want to have a ton of money wrapped up in the project.

What are the thoughts on the Notch Customs ones?

-P

Don't know....been trying to get in touch with them thru email, their website, phone calls, every way I can think of, but no response for the last 4 months I've been trying.

makes ya wonder about the customer service

A buddy picked up a set of Notch customs flairs on Ebay, where they seem to be selling from. If you want to contact them try through eBay. They were expensive (I think he paid $550) but they went on easy & really look great, In my opinion the XJ should have come from the Factory with flairs & wheel openings like the Notch customs flair equipped Jeeps.
I'm thinking about getting a set myself.

Last edited:
A buddy picked up a set of Notch customs flairs on Ebay, where they seem to be selling from. If you want to contact them try through eBay. They were expensive (I think he paid $550) but they went on easy & really look great, In my opinion the XJ should have come from the Factory with flairs & wheel openings like the Notch customs flair equipped Jeeps.
I'm thinking about getting a set myself.

may try that...but if they can't answer an email or phone call.............................

Last edited:
Links are OK.
The forum is for sharing Jeep things.

Here's Napier:
80b15337428cfaa9c56ab1c662a8131f.jpg
d32ba29d9ce1cb54252d74adb21190a1.jpg

I went with Napier, until I shattered a rear. They don't survive our tight trails here (well, pretty much no flails do)

e6b431107ddba463062da8beaed66b3a.jpg

now I have steel tube flares on armor plates. Using the same layout as Napier (split at the door).

ff756650e45fdca6a0268e5cb9b1c7a3.jpg

Is the front half of the rear tube attached to the door? That seems like any impact would cause problems with door alignment. Just my opinion, but it seems like a solid tube, maybe even tied in to the rocker, would be a much stronger option.

I'm holding out for flares that attach with Velcro.

Is the front half of the rear tube attached to the door? That seems like any impact would cause problems with door alignment. Just my opinion, but it seems like a solid tube, maybe even tied in to the rocker, would be a much stronger option.
I''ve bounced it off trees and side of ditches without issues to date. Each flare section is 10ga bent to shape, with 1.5" tube as the flare "frame" with short braces every 12-18" and then it was skinned again with 10ga. I have been reinforcing each mounting point with bigger bolts and fender washers as well. Contemplating using a section of angle as a further internal reinforcing.
She is solid as hell, makes a great stepping point for roof work and beverage shelf when camping.

Back