• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM heater core sources?

Larry H

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,
Looking for an OEM heater core for a 1996 XJ. Part number is 4713125. Local dealer is telling me that this is no longer available through Mopar. Bought a aftermarket pos from rock auto and had the pleasure of waisting shipping fees for my effort. I have been searching the net for an OEM unit and am having no luck. I guess my only options is to hope that the unit currently in the vehicle is OEM and can be re cored. If that doesn't work out what are you guys having the best luck with? Trying really hard to stay away from the MIC junk but that seems to be about all that is out there.
We really appreciate any help. This build is my sons first vehicle and is being built with a lot of heart.
Thanks,
Larry

NAPA lists one,,,,Copper & Brass #NHC 6603541, About $60

Just spoke with a local Napa. They were a little thrown off by the part number.
NHC 660-3541.
The dash seemed be very important. lol
Anyway for anyone else interested in this thread that maybe helpful. She did say that it is copper and brass but would have to be special ordered in my case. Price here was $64.00 plus $10.00 shipping. She also said that it can be ordered online and delivered to your local store saving you the $10.00 shipping fee.

It seems that a few of you out there have some interest in this thread so I figure I'll keep posting as I hunt for this now seemingly mythical copper / brass HC.
FedEx arrived and delivered the Napa NCH 6603541. Turns out to be an aluminum Spectra Premium. The hunt continues. The parts house down the street has the same unit for half the price btw.
If I put the old one out and find an aftermarket that can not be re-cored I will probably use the one from down the street. that unit looks to be of better quality for some reason.
Anyone have any input about the quality of the Spectra's ?

Back