• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick opinion on Crown, Omix, Dorman shackles

dumbagain

NAXJA Forum User
Putting on new springs so might as well change shackles

Staying stock, 2000 XJ, daily driver

Opinions on the above brands quality? Im reading mixed reviews.
Remember its a daily driver, no real towing or off roading.

Seems like the Omix and Crown are very similar, Quadratec sells them as OEM replacement, Dorman looks slightly beefier and does come with bolts.

Can ya help a brotha out?

Since it's just a stock DD just get whatever brands the cheapest. Or if your bushings are fine in the ones that you already have on which they probably are just leave them in.

I'm wouldn't buy any of them if they were Made in China.

I thought that Dormans would be good but upon getting them they were utter garbage. Bolts stamped Grade 10.9 this felt like aluminum in weight but d magnet sick to them. Off center bushings

Chinese commodity steel is very cheap!

I used dorman shackles and springs. Put them on over the summer and so far they have been just fine. Anything was better than the rusty ones they replaced.

Nope, If you want quality get them from the dealer, there are no surprises there...

Crown gets alot of their stuff from the same supplier as the dealer. And in some cases, dealer buys parts they can't get from Crown. Just like Quad, 4wd, etc all get their stock replacement stuff from Crown too

Back