• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mission Impossible

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am excited to announce that we have been granted access to Troy's private property again this year, which includes the Mission Impossible trail.

We have set up the same trail leaders as last year, and they are willing to lead 2-3 groups (including MI) on Friday and Saturday. There are trails ranging from Medium to Extreme and we will split the groups up accordingly.

The equipment requirements for the other trails will be the same as the requirements for the Badlands trails, unless determined otherwise by the trail leaders on pre-run day.

Mission Impossible requirements (as set by the trail leaders):

35" tires or bigger.
Front & rear traction devices.
Working winch HIGHLY recommended.

Post up in this thread if you are interested in running on the MI property and specify MI trail or otherwise.

4.5" locked on 33x12.50s.. could I make it through quite a bit or would I be a pain in the ass? I would like to check out the property. If there are more difficult paths that I could bypass and still stick with the group I'd do that as well.

To clarify, the extreme group which will be running the MI trail itself will require 35s or larger, lockers front and rear, and a working winch. These are the requirements that the trail leaders from Michiana Jeepers have set for the extreme MI trail.

The moderate group will not require 35s.

Byron can provide more info.

mac 'extreme MI last year was...well...extreme' gyvr

I'm interested in the moderate stuff. Any idea for an ETA on what time the Friday group is going?

Just saw the schedule has been posted. I should be in for Friday.

I would sell your stock in Warn. I haven't bought hubs in years, they have a lifetime warranty. They've all been free!

To clarify, the extreme group which will be running the MI trail itself will require 35s or larger, lockers front and rear, and a working winch. These are the requirements that the trail leaders from Michiana Jeepers have set for the extreme MI trail.

The moderate group will not require 35s.

Byron can provide more info.

mac 'extreme MI last year was...well...extreme' gyvr

Pretty much this. The Michiana Jeepers are offering their services again this year so whatever they set as requirements is what we will abide by. The Extreme group will have to meet the equipment requirements posted, but the moderate group will be tailored for whatever equipment participants have. In other words, they can make the day as hard or as easy as the vehicles in the group. As a guideline I am going to stick to the requirements as posted on the WF schedule; 33" MTs minimum and at least 1 traction device.

Is the MI trail on the badlands property? Ive been going there for years and never heard of it. Is it possible to watch this run and not actually run in the group?

The MI trail is on property adjacent to the Badlands and is not accessible without permission from Troy (previous owner of the Badlands). You would have to ride with someone running the trail in order to see it.

Back