• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 lift? More like 7.5

josh9mile

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided to lift my DD 2 door. I purchased a RE 4.5 short arm lift. After bolting it all on it seems A LOT taller than 4.5 inches! Its the same height as my brothers XJ with 5in coils on 1 ton axles running 38s. My question is, will it settle at all? I wish I would have done a measurement of the stock height so I could see what the actual lift height was, I'm thinking its more like 7 inches.

This was the day I bought it, stock height

This was after lift installed on stock sized tires next to my brothers Cherokee. almost as tall, right?

And this is sitting on 33s, which brought it about 2 inches higher than before

It sits this tall after going back to the stock shackle. the rear leafs are only supposed to be 3.5. but still higher in back than the front

sound about right... mine had rake as well. and eventually settled.
Yup. Give it a little while and wheel the snot out of em. The 4.5" RE is a good choice. In the end I added a 1" spacer in the front to level things up. I ran the extended shackles from the get go.

Back