• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS and Crank Shaft Sensor

neocracka

NAXJA Forum User
Does the 2 bolts that hold the crank sensor to the trans need to be all the way tightened? I was going to swap out the sensor but didnt do it, i loosened the 2 bolts up but not all the way, will that def. cause a no start?

So I read the detailed article on the diff year aw4 swapout's for the xj and so i put a 96 aw4 and motor in my 97 xj, replaced the nss with a 97-01 model because it had diff color wires and count of wires and a diff shaped pigtail connector. Can you do this? Will the trans read the diff year nss? Or should I be fine? And as far as that other pigtail connector with the black, white/tan, white/black, violet/white, blue/white wires, I wired the pigtail connector to that for the 97 and plugged it into the connector on the wiring harness. I still get a no run, it cranks but wont turnover. If anyone has done the aw4 swap, how did you do the splice and crimp? Did you do direct wire to wire or use the pigtail connectors?

Back