• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock 16" Rim Question with 3.5"RE Lift

Topher

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a 2000 XJ Limited. It came stock with 225's on 16" rims.

First Question. Does anyone know the backspacing on these rims.

Second Question. I am planning on installing a RE 3.5"m Super Ride lift. I want to install 31x10.5 tires on the jeep. If I use the stock 16" rims, will I get any rubbing?

Thanks for helping out a newbee. I searched the site, but couldn't find any answers.

Topher

BS should be 5.25"

You might have a little rubbing but not much. Small amount of trimming should solve it.

mark
orgs mfg

Ive got the same Jeep,the wheels are 5"bs.I was runninig 32x10.5x16(265/75/16) w/ the RE 3 1/2" springs(they net about 5").Thats still the best setup Ive had,the flex is great.

Cool Guys, Thanks. I eventually want to get Rubicon rims, but I need the money to buy the lift parts first. Time to make a shopping list.

Topher

BTW:if you plan to wheel it seriously then spend the money for the superflex arms.I still only have 16k miles on mine but Ive gone thru 5 lifts,3 sets of rims, and 5 sets of tires."Been there,done that".

If you went with the Rubi wheels you would have to do something about your fenders/flares!

Also I hope your setting some money aside for a SYE kit !!!

Last edited:
As was thinking that, but this will be my DD. I need it to take me home to Buffalo, from Asheville, NC now and then. I don't plan on doing serious wheeling, but I would like it to be capable of moderate trails. Any suggestions would be appreciated though.

Topher

Here's another question then. What size tires would you run on the 16" rims with the 3.5 RE lift with full spring pack.

I wanted 31X10.5x16, but searching on the net, I can't find any for the 16" rims. I guess I can go with a 265 70 16 or a 275 70 16

A calculator I found said that the 265 was a 31x10.4 and the 275 was a 31x10.8.

Would the 10.8 on the stock 16" rim with 5" backspacing rub?

Topher

Go back to my original response,265/75's are perfect!

Back