• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 50a XJ build

Jersey_Devil

NAXJA Forum User
So far the XJ has gotten installed new
-Battery
-Ignition Coil
-Spark Plugs
-Spark Plug Wires
-Push Button Start
-Cleaned IAC Sensor
-Oil Change

Have but not installed
-Full Exhaust (except manifold)

Ordered
-Gas Struts for rear hatch
-Locking Hood Pins
-Passenger Side Rocker
-Passenger Side Headlamp Bezel
-Projector Headlamps w/HID Conversion
-Putco Heavy Duty Headlamp wiring harness
-Blinker Lenses
-Clear Side Markers
-Drilled and Slotted Front Brake Rotors
-Roof Rack w/lights

Focusing on getting it restored before lifting. Gonna finish redoing the brakes first. Still need front calipers and everything for the tears still. I want brand new brakes all around. I found a cargo area floor pan because mine is rotted and I still gotta get a drivers front floor pan. A buddy of mine is gonna help out with the welding and I'll supply the food and beer for that day! For now it's gonna just get a 4.5 Zone complete lift and 33s. Once I buy a house this or next year at latest I can take it off the road and build into a crawler.
3c350ced12dce0a54ea93140a288bef9.jpg

With the amount of rust visible on the doors and rockers, you might be better off shopping for a rust free southern XJ instead of dumping your time and money into that one. :shiver:

I got a new rocker for 40 bucks, doors are a dime a dozen and the cargo floor is really the only bad rot spot and my buddy can fix that no problem. A lot of what u see in the pic is crap on the body from the modeling coming off and not rust

So my build has been making so good progress over the past few weeks and I just wanted to share. I got my 91 Limited in January for $300 off Craigslist. No frame rust but the rear cargo floor pan is rotted to shit but that's only some sheet metal, no biggie. Got it home and put in new
-Battery
-Ignition Coil
-Spark Plugs
-Spark Plug Wires
-Push Button Start
-H4 Headlight Conversion
-Putco H4 Upgrade Harness
-Side Markers
-Turn Signals
-Headlamp Bezel
-Rear Hatch Gas Struts
-Roof Rack w/KC Daylighters
-Hub Bearings
-Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/Pads
-High Pressure Brake Line
-Full Rear Brakes (Hardware, Wheel Cylinders, Shoes, & Drums)
-Hood Pins

Got wheels and tires lined up (33x12.50R15 on 15x10) waiting on him for his new tires to arrive for his rig then I'll pick them up. As soon as tax money comes in I'll be ordering a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift & Synergy leaf spring mounts. Things are coming along nicely. Can't wait to get the lift in there, then I'll beef up my axles a lil bit because in the long run I plan on throwing some ford one tons under it.
c99ec9961c4e417fc86a19ecb966a5a0.jpg

54f90624e1c09ea1d37ac628c49fc970.jpg
6a2a227e9f960eba73812115d8ae6329.jpg

Awesome! I still need the rear bumper. And my buddy welded the truss together to for my "super 30" axle build. Let me know when I get the bumpers. I wanna see the rear one

Back