• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4

Phantom xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ive done some research and cant find a thread to my specific problem. So i went wheeling the other night and a buddy got stuck, i hooked the winch to him and had to hold the gas in reverse while i winched him in. I got him out and put it in 2wd to leave and it was in high gear, cut it off and restarted it and was fine. Ive seen this happen to friends but never happened to me before. Did i overheat the trans and kick it into limp mode or what? BTW its a 94 with 33s

that was what mine did the other day when i got it hot when i was stuck in a rut.

after turning mine off and back on again it was fine. gunna change the fluid and add a cooler to mine.

Thats extremely hard on your trans as all youre doing is generating a ton of heat. Quick way kill a trans. Most manufacturers say not to hold full stall (not moving, high rpm in gear) for more than 15 sec followed by a cool down period. I would at least change your fluid as it is probably degraded bow.

Right, but if you slide in with the brakes on, or in park, try turning your steering wheel full lock, you never as stated above want to hold an auto at stall for long, and never at all intentionally

Trust me i am aware of this, my question was if anyone experienced that with a transmission, ive seen it happen in 2 other jeeps

it sounds like you got a solenoid stuck.

i'd get the fluid changed and cross your fingers.

Back