• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 experts. U-bolt style yoke upgrade.

Airsmitty

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks! I've got a 91 XJ (4.5"ish franken-lift, locked front, sliders, 32" KM2's, etc) with a c8.25. I had a U joint let loose on the freeway about a year ago and wipe out the little nubs that keep the U joint centered on the axle yoke. I jimmy rigged it to hold tight with some cut up radiator hose clamps smashed underneath the straps. This has been working surprisingly well(many wheeling trips, survived Moab, freeway driving), but I still don't like it and I'm always nervous driving it at speed.:explosion

It has the old-school shorter "collared yoke." I've seen how the newer yokes can be drilled to accept U-bolts, or kits that are made that way. Does anyone know if these will fit my older c8.25? I know the the yoke altogether is a bit longer, but is the spline length the same?

Back