• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold air in through the floor vent

First off, what year model?

If you only get hot air out the defrost vents, you most likely have a vacuum leak.

Very odd.

Knowing what I know about the XJ HVAC, I can't fathom how that can occur. The blend door is cable actuated and the mode doors are vacuum. Changing modes should not affect temperature.

my guess is a vacuum leak and a cold draft.

i had heater mode issues on my 90 and it was a vac line next to the battery

all vacuum is ok as I changed every line! it is just the fact that there comes cold air no warm air out off the floor vents

My 95 had a cold air draft on the passenger side that I never quite figured out, but I think it was from a defective windshield seal. It got so bad by the end that it was quite uncomfortable in winter. Hot air was coming out, but it was not enough to counter the draft. There was no obvious place it was coming in, but at highway speed it was freezing. The 99 had it to a lesser degree, getting worse with age.

Back