• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30/D44 pinion yoke - u-bolt style

bigalpha

Looking to swap out my existing D30 yoke in favor of one that accepts u-bolts.

Maybe I'm terrible at searching but I haven't found any place that has a list of vehicles that came with D30/D44 yokes with ubolts. Was looking to pick one up from the junkyard instead of buying new.

That was my first action: see what they cost new. But I don't mind spending some time in the JY pulling parts. Problem is that our junkyards don't always have a lot of variety so I wanted to have a few targets to maximize chances of success.

you could just get a ford u bolt from pep boys( where I found mine) drop the driveshaft and drill out the holes to accept. Try not to drill outwards though. I had to do this the hard way with a bolt head popped off.

Or go to the sponsors page. 4wd has em around $90 I believe. Yoke and hardware included

Any that you may find in the junk yard may have a groove worn into them and be a leaker. Just spend the $40ish dollars and get a new one with u-bolts and be done with it.

Mark

Dana 300 T-case yokes, dana 44's from scouts, some older (J-series and waggy) jeeps, fords and some chevy 44's. The difficult part is trying to get the pinyon nut off. An inch and an eigth socket, a big breaker bar and something to lock up the third from spinning will be key.

Back