• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag light turns on/off when turning the wheel

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
So, I had a good portion of my dash apart for the past month troubleshooting some wiring issues. When I put it all back together, now I have an issue where when I turn my steering wheel the airbag light will turn on for up to 10 seconds and then turn off. It feels like when I turn the wheel a lot it'll cause it to kick back off, but I'm not 100% sure its related. What I do know is the airbag light will not turn on when the car is parked and you're not using the steering wheel.

Is there a plug or something that could be being pulled or messed with when I turn? Thanks

Connections are good. Noticed then I turn the wheel there's a strange clicking happening which sounds like its coming from the clockspring. I'm guessing its just coincidental that I was doing a bunch of work on there and this thing needs replacing. Oh well!

Back