• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts Storage and Spare tire Mounts

Cheroskeet

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I know most of us carry extra tools, jacks, tires, fluids and ropes while on the trail. I wanted to see some storage ideas and what you guys do for trail organization.

I have stuff separated by function, and only take what I need when I need it.

A parts bag always in the jeep, under the rear seat next to the jack, with spare sensors, tape, crimp connects, etc

A tool bag with a full set of hand tools that I can throw in the back or take out

A bug-out bag with water purifier, blanket, beach towel, waterproof matches, etc, for camping or any driving in potential bad weather

A recovery bag with straps, hooks, etc, for wheeling and bad weather

An expedition bag with spare shafts, spare hubs, etc., for camping or hard wheeling

I want to get a roof rack for the expedition bag, and have looked at making a reinforced drum carrier for the recovery parts to mount in the spare tire, but the rest of it just goes in the cargo area as I need it

Back