• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker fender flares?

Take another look at Bushwackers. Tires don't tuck into them, the tuck under.

You need pretty much just as much lift on the front as without them. They really aren't a solution to not lifting.

You wouldn't have any problems with those with 35 on 4.5 inches of lift, the problem I have with them is the price and quality of them. Napier precision flares are almost the same but they don't take up as much real estate on the body panels and they are less money and they will custom make them for any body mods like quarter panel tuck ect.

...and they look better...imo. But you have to be carefull, if you need full tire coverage to keep your rig road legal. The napier flares are a few inches less wide on the front, so be sure to match flares and backspacing of the wheels right!

Will I have any problems running 35s and 5.5-6.5 inches of lift with them?

With the correct backspacing on your wheels no it should be fine.

You wouldn't have any problems with those with 35 on 4.5 inches of lift, the problem I have with them is the price and quality of them. Napier precision flares are almost the same but they don't take up as much real estate on the body panels and they are less money and they will custom make them for any body mods like quarter panel tuck ect.

Napier FTW.

Fwiw I've looked at the bw flats and Napier flats, both look nice but if you think about it. It's a shelf for mud to sit so with that in mind I stayed with traditional style flares.

My XJ has 4.5 lift. I'm running the JK Moab rims and 255/75/17 tires. With the stock flares I always rubbed in front. I put the flat flares in front. I can easily run 285/70/17 no problem. Maybe the next size up which is the 34.3 inch metric tire size. Yes I have a 2 inch bump stop also.

Back