• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nut Strip

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I would like add a new receiver hitch on my 99 XJ. I see some form of threaded nuts on the passenger side. Is this a nut strip or something removable? I was planning on adding 2 new strips so they are nice and new.

Ggmetalfab or whatever they are called have adnice looking set of them for a good price.

You must mean these: http://www.ggcustommetalfab.com/84-01-xj-cherokee-rear-nut-strips

I agree those look good. I was looking at the JCR ones and from what I can gather from the pics they look like they are using nutserts. I have not called them to ask if that is indeed the case, but I was not willing to place the order based on what I could see.

The new jcr ones are crap with their inserts.

Yes they are nut strips. The Crown ones are stock. Its slightly easier if you rivet them back into place as they came from the factory, but you can use them without riveting.

Yes. You'll need to remove the rear bumper and disconnect the exhaust hangers, and then chisel off the rivet (if it's still there). Then the nut strip will come right out.

So I should be able to pull out that old strip on the passenger side?

Yes, they are removable.

You would first have to remove the bumper and bumper brackets.

Back