• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Left Turn Signal Stuck On (everything works)

Catch22

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn on the marker/headlights my left turn signal is solid. There is no fast blink, all marker/turn signal lights work and flash correctly. I am using a Novita EP27 Flasher (when pulled it's solid though as well)

I am running LED 3157 bulbs and LED 194 on the side markers.

My understanding of how it determines the load on the line is what will cause this issue. I was under the impression the Novita EP27 Flasher would fix this issue. It clearly plays no part in that.

I have had this issue for a while now. I thought I knew what was wrong a few times but now I have resorted to assuming its an electrical short/ground.
Before I spend a lot of time checking harnesses with a multi-meter I thought I would double check here.

Other threads have indicated faulty bulbs, bad grounds, bad trailer harness (not even sure I have one) and the aforementioned Novita EP27 Flasher. Anyone else run into this issue and fix it?

Year model would help.

Opps. Yea it would. XJ 2000 classic. Not sure if it matters but i6/aw4.

Back