• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emergency Brake Adjuster

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I'm hoping to swap out the adjuster on my new XJ. Its completely covered with rust and looks ready to snap at any minute. I've been looking over some auctions, and Cherokee units are in about the same shape. TJ adjusters however are nearly new. Does anyone know if the units are interchangeable? They look identical, but I am concerned that the length may be different.

96 - down, or late model?

I don't see any difference:
XJ
195739d1370039798t-park-brake-adjuster-image-4026724348.jpg

TJ
s-l1600.jpg

Great information! Thanks so much. I think the main difference is the equalizer I just got (off a TJ) is a bit wider and will not fit inside the assembly. I don't think its anything that a quick trip to the bench grinder wont fix though...

Great information! Thanks so much. I think the main difference is the equalizer I just got (off a TJ) is a bit wider and will not fit inside the assembly. I don't think its anything that a quick trip to the bench grinder wont fix though...

Bench grinder won't help (you'll find out). Just get a new equalizer for an XJ, unless your existing equalizer can be de-rusted/painted and be reused.

Back