• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS light

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
guys I need your help

A beautiful young lady I know has a 98 XJ with some probs. I've already fixed some stuff, coolant hoses, CCV hoses, welded her broken exhaust, made a headlight harness, etc. I'm her hero on this stuff. She has the ABS warning light on the dash. We pulled codes at autozone and and advance, and nothing comes back. I'm suspecting there's just a pressure differential switch somewhere? Or what? Just bleed it? Or should I find somebody with a Snap-On scanner? Worth while to do the key trick or?

Thanks for any help

Check all tone rings and related sensors/wiring, even VSS. Bleeding the system may help. Not all cheap code readers will do ABS codes. Maybe find one on amazon or other interweb locations. IIRC, my BT OBD2 reader does ABS codes when paired with my Android phone. But, if you know someone that has a higher end Scanner that is willing to help you can go that route.
Or, just remove the warning light from the dash..

You need a good scanner capable of pulling abs codes. Those cheap scanners are limited to pulling engine p-codes only. Snap on Chrysler drb or other high end is what you need

You need a good scanner capable of pulling abs codes. Those cheap scanners are limited to pulling engine p-codes only. Snap on Chrysler drb or other high end is what you need

At this point "high-end" Scanner is not necessary. Yes, you typically spend a little more than your basic/standard OBD reader. But, they can be had for much less than you think.

Back