• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires hitting LCA's stock xj

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
So… I just replaced the steering knuckles and replaced original ball joints (moog- too many differing opinions on BJ's on forums) and now, for some reason, my tires are hitting my LCA's on u-turns, etc. The things is, I've had these tires for 4 years and never had an issue until doing this latest repair. How can this be? I don't think anything moved regarding wheel placement..any ideas? Did my range become wider somehow?

1991 XJ Sport stock 5sp

thx-

Are the steering stops in the knuckles you replaced? or are they adjusted similar to the old ones?

theres a small bolt and nut used to lock that bolt on the bottom of the knuckles that controls the stopping point of your turning radius. Turn them out a lil bit at a time then lock em, check your clearance of the tire to the control arm, if it still hits go a lil more until it stops hitting. try to get em the same length on both sides.

Back