• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measuring lift height

Imjosh

NAXJA Forum User
Whats a good guideline to go by when measuring lift height before i lifted mine i measured from the center line of the axle too the top of the fender open'n but have since chopped fenders so anybody got any other ways of measuring this and what the specs would have been stock
thanks
Josh

Dacula92xj said:
Whats a good guideline to go by when measuring lift height before i lifted mine i measured from the center line of the axle too the top of the fender open'n but have since chopped fenders so anybody got any other ways of measuring this and what the specs would have been stock
thanks
Josh

Back in the days of the old XJ Forum somebody had a spread sheet showing both the fender flare method and the "dirty" method -- which was measurements from axle to frame or something like that. Does anyone know if that spread sheet is still available somewhere?

How bout some of you folks with stockers give us the axel to the rain gutter.

KLXJ said:
Axle center to fender flares lip is supposed to be 17.5" front and 17" rear

But the man said he has chopped his fenders, so he's looking for a datum that doesn't rely on non-existent flares for measurement.

Thanks Sequoia thats sould work out well

I just ran down the measure and remembered that i just dropped the beast off at the shop. gotta hate it when you do crap like that

how about someone with their stock flare give us a measurement from the bottom of the flare to top of the fender in the front,(centered over the axle of course) and to the bottom of the rear window in back. Then we just have to add the 17.5 front and 17 rear to that.

Now, if you have removed the front fenders completely, or cut above the back window, this won't help, but shouldn't be many of those out there

Back