• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ BDS Coil Question

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to lift between 2.5 and 3.5 inches. Was looking at BDS coils for TJ's and reading that they'll give one less inch than advertised. Anything over 3.5 inches is going to cause issues for me so was hoping someone had some experience with these coils. The others ones I'm looking at are metal cloaks.

Bds coils are a great bang for the buck, tj springs are 1 inch less than an xj(what you're saying is correct). Bds' site says they carry 2 & 3 inch coil springs as well.

Last edited:
How about some Synergy coils?

I'll check them both out. Thanks for the advice. Shooting for 3 inches or so. Don't want to mess with control arms and what not right now though.

No to hijack the thread, but I was wondering what are the advantages of running a higher spring rate coil such as BDS Coils? - Are the advantages strictly off road, or are there advantages for someone running a road queen as well?

- What made you choose BDS over another brand? Was it the high rate?

No just the reviews I've read about how they ride. Not sure on the spring rate question. Mine is a part time driver with a little off roading when I can until I get more time.

Looking to lift between 2.5 and 3.5 inches. Was looking at BDS coils for TJ's and reading that they'll give one less inch than advertised. Anything over 3.5 inches is going to cause issues for me so was hoping someone had some experience with these coils. The others ones I'm looking at are metal cloaks.

Why not just get a 3" BDS spring made for an XJ? (034301).

Based on some quick searching BDS spring rate is around 240, where as other manufactures seem to be in the 180-200 range. I'm wondering if that higher rate will actually help with a more accurate lift, which would help you sit right in your range. Do you have any aftermarket stuff on the front end?

Why not just get a 3" BDS spring made for an XJ? (034301).

Based on some quick searching BDS spring rate is around 240, where as other manufactures seem to be in the 180-200 range. I'm wondering if that higher rate will actually help with a more accurate lift, which would help you sit right in your range. Do you have any aftermarket stuff on the front end?

Nothing as of yet but if I can get 3 inch lift even if the springs sag down a bit I'll throw in a 1/2 inch spacer. I didn't know BDS made 3 inch springs but I'll google the part number. I appreciate you posting it up.

I'm running Rusty's (yeah yeah) 3" coils for a few months now and it has sat dead on 3" the entire time. New coil isolator and coils, smack on 3" with my brush guard, rides great but I run Bilstein 5100s as well.

I'm running Rusty's (yeah yeah) 3" coils for a few months now and it has sat dead on 3" the entire time. New coil isolator and coils, smack on 3" with my brush guard, rides great but I run Bilstein 5100s as well.

From my understanding, their coils are the only product worth a shit.

Consider some 2" PAC springs, pick your spring rate, and top them off with some kind of spacers, or their "tender coil.

Back