• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no part lights or instrument lights

DesertRatRon

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guess im stumped i have a what i believe is a short some place causing my park lamps fuse to keep blowing as fast as i can put one in and also causing my gauge and shifter column lights to go out i cant afford the ticket lol and im hoping its not toasted wire some where in the this cluster fluff of a wire harness

Okay well i figured it out after cruising other forums last night that there is 2 connections that look like they belong together but do NOT connect them they short out your parking light fuse causing you to have no parking lights or cluster light or shifter column lights

Been dealing with this issue the last month on my 88 as well. Out of nowhere the park lamp fuse just started blowing as soon as I turn the lights on. Checked that connector you mentioned and it was not connected. Went through all the bulbs in the rear and wiring harness for the rear lights and didn't see any shorts but replaced a few burnt bulbs. Issue is better in that I can turn the lights on without the fuse blowing but the fuse will randomly pop sometimes and feels hot to the touch so I don't know what's going on but its been a PITA trying to figure it out.

Your tail lights are probably also out . . .
Need to get it figured out in my '89 before day light savings comes to an end.
Some suggestions, from someone that still hasn't discovered the fix;
bad headlight dimmer switch (replaced mine, still blows fuse)
bad / missing ground
crossed and/or worn wires
something to do with the trailer wiring

Good luck!
Mike

Back