• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front coil spring noise

johnMZ24

NAXJA Forum User
Whenever im flexing ( going through a rut or even decent rock) i get this noise from the front coils. It sounds like a "doyingg" noise. Why would it be doing this? I checked for rubbing and all and nothing is close to them that would cause that. There iron rock offeoad 4.5inch front coils. I do have bumpstops also.. even when one of them is compressed you can hear it compressing. Any ideas? This is on a 96 cherokee

Take a close look around each end of your sway bar / links and coils.

Sounds like when one side is compressed, the coil will bow forward, and catch on link end. When it releases, you get the "doying" sound. Wear on the coil and the link will show where it catches.

You will need to either adjust / rotate the axle, to reduce coil bow; or adjust your sway bar links....

My drivers side rubs on the track bar mount when flexing. I need to adjust the track bar to center the axle better. Yours may be doing the same.

I did notice today my left tire is out an inch than the right. Im guessing imma need an adjustable track bar. Im at 5inchs now with my lift and stock tbar.think that can cause a prob? Imma check for rubbing tommorow.

Back