• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 27 after 5.0 injector swap HELP!!

Jaredewwer

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys here's the deal. I've got a 92 Xj that I've done the 5.0 injector swap on and after I got her all back together and started it, I got a smoother idle but it's missing (if that makes any sense) but I checked the codes and it threw a 27 and another one for the o2 sensor. A man told me that I needed to touch the battery cables together to clear the computer so it can adjust for the new mustang injectors. Did that this morning and it was still doing it, checked codes and it cleared the o2 but still reading code 27 (injector control circuit) HELP Please

If you put in used injectors, they most likely are gummed up and sticking. Run a can of BG44K through the fuel to clean them out.

I would also do an ohmmeter check across the injectors to make sure none are open or shorted.

I'll try that but I think it's something more than that. They were used but I put new o-rings and caps then cleaned them up a little but who knows. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I've seen some threads about CPS, and some about heater hoses? I did notice a small hole in my heater hose last night, and I'm going to fix it tonight, but I wouldn't think that would be the problem either do you?

Oldman nailed it. Check the resistance of all your injectors. They should all be within a few tenth's of each other. If 5 injectors measure out at 15.8-16.2 and 1 injector is at 6 ohms well you just found your bad injector. Check them cold and hot. Sometimes they like to go open circuit when warmed up.

What's stock lbs on a 92 Cherokee? Thinking that may be my problem. These are 19lbs that I put in. Maybe I jumped the gun and got the wrong ones...

So I looked a little further into it and I found out that I had to change the FPR to a bigger one (49lbs vs 39lbs) I picked one up today at autozone. Put it in, flashed my computer again and still same situation. Code #27 and #21. 27 is ICM 21 is o2 same as before.

Back