• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exaust Modifacation

TheBlueXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So wanting to make my jeep louder its stock exhaust right now was thinking about dropping the muffler and adding pipe to keep the rest of the exhaust I don't want it like roaring at 2k but I want it loud at 4-5k's any advice

Next time your header cracks (if you are like many of us, it is probably cracked now), get a Speed Daddy (eBay banks knock off). I have an Aeroturbine muffler, and it growled a bit before. Now it is loud!

Paul

Magnaflow 4x9 oval 14" muffler should set you back about 60$

Next time your header cracks (if you are like many of us, it is probably cracked now), get a Speed Daddy (eBay banks knock off). I have an Aeroturbine muffler, and it growled a bit before. Now it is loud!

Paul

Looks like theyre doing a shitty job ripping off banks... for 2/3rds the price.

You know those details... allways getting in the way.

Just YouTube "Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Exhaust" and find the one you like...

You said you don't want it too loud at cruise, but a bit more aggressive when you open it up. Running WITHOUT a muffler will make it aggressive sounding through the entire revs. Mufflers are designed to manipulate that sound through the rev range and throttle.

TL;DR you definitely want a muffler. Find one that makes your ears happy.

Last edited:
I have one of the Thrush welded ones cost me $30 through Summit and I love it. Nice growl but no annoying. Half the cost of magnaflow and IMHO sound the same and built well.

I'm going back to a stock exhaust. Loud is obnoxious, on the street and on the trail.

It's not like you're feeding a big engine with a bunch of air. It's a low compression tractor engine.

Thrush turbos aren't too loud, thrush weldeds are a bit louder, depends how loud you want it. A glasspack would be even louder but a lot quieter than straightpiped

Back