• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure

97xjnova

NAXJA Forum User
Does this look low after 30 min drive
5aa18f0c1289d82ec1f6fcb010fba003.jpg

10-20 psi at warm idle and 35-55 psi at 55 mph is common.

My pressure dropped after an oil change. Orange can. Then I swapped filters (again) without changing oil and it went up ~ 10 psi across the board. Just sayin'

At 283K, I would be thrilled to have oil pressure that high.
Stop worrying and drive it.

I agree, completely normal. 20 psi hot idle is just fine. My 01 has been this way for 11 years and over 300,000 miles.

Wow, My 4cyl with 310K miles on it stays between 40 and 50.

When I bought my 6cyl it was sitting near 30. the PO had taken it to jiffy lube and they put a little bitty filter on it. I replaced the filter with the correct size Bosch and it went back up to 40.

I haven't had a sender yet I could really count on. I always hook up a mechanical pressure gauge (at least once) to check my real pressure and then extrapolate.

The vast majority of senders are under, I have one now that is over (a first).

My 98 used to look that good. Now I am around 10 at hot idle. Sometimes when wheeling, the oil pressure light comes on. Had a tap in the motor for a while, but that went away. Think a lobe is flattened now. Still runs fine, but power is off a bit and mileage is around 15.

Back