• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me with this piece in the steering collumn

Hoodie ninja

NAXJA Forum User
I have the steering collumn taken apart to chase down an elecrical problem. That is fixed. I am now putting the collumn back together and was sliding the blinker/cruise control carrier back over the shaft when this piece fell out.

I cant tell anywhere obvious that it came from. This is my first time in this steering collumn. I dont want to put it back together without this piece inside. My chiltons book has nothing on it.

Help. Please.

Thanks
In advance

Looks like the turn signal spring.

I don't recall it's name but it goes under the lock cyclinder. It the key in buzzer switch.

I had to rebuild mine I have a PDF that I can send to you that shows you how to rebuild it. I'm not sure how to send it to you though I'll figure it out

There is a thread in another car forum (I can't recall it for the life of me) that has a complete dis-assembly of these GM steering columns. It details each piece and how to remove it.

Nevermind, here is my post on it.

Its the spring for the key presence switch. It must have stayed in even after i pulled the key presence switch and fell out when i was moving the pieces around.

Thank you so much.

Back