• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trouble after rebuild HELP

xsv01xj

NAXJA Forum User
JUst put my I6 back in got her fired up (sound great ) but going for a test drive before smog and it will not go over 40 miles an hour almost feels like there is no 4th gear engagIng will just continue to climb rpms. Changed fluid and filter And even drained it again after a few miles around neighborhood still no luck. I know my transfer case linkage had popped out when installing new engine so I jimmy rigged it on there until my linkage rebuild kit comes but it doesn't feel loose or anything. Everything electronic was working fine before engine rebuild but the car sat for a few years before it started so I'm thinking linkage adjust or something mechanical But open to all ideas thanks. Jeeps no fun if you can't open her up !

Are you sure you aren't in low range?

Yes just put the linkage back together had to get the bushings from the stealership crown ones aren't worth a $!×@ will just cost you time and frustration. But lever is saying 4 low tried reversing her down the street and over a speed bump but no luck ... gunna try jacking all four tires up tonight. BTW does anyone know which way the transfercase lever should face towards the ground or up towards the roof. I have 2001 xj with np231 thank you guys.

Back